Post-doctoral Travel Awards
Post-doctoral fellows can apply for travel awards to help defray transportation expenses to the AOU annual meeting.
For this meeting, students may compete for student travel awards by submitting an application through Ornithology Exchange. NOTE: If you are not already a member of Ornithology Exchange, you will need to register. The registration link is in the upper right corner of the Ornithology Exchange home page. It takes just a few seconds to register.
Post-doctoral fellows can apply for travel awards to help defray transportation expenses to the 2015 AOU/COS meeting in Norman, OK. Applications for these are due 1 May 2015. All applicants must also submit a regular scientific abstract through the meeting website. Awards are contingent on acceptance of the scientific abstract by the Scientific Program Committee.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Sole author or lead author of a poster or oral paper presented by the student at the meeting.
- A post-doctoral fellow generally not eligible for Marcia Brady Tucker Travel Awards (e.g., graduated more than a semester prior to the meeting). Are eligible even if previously received two Marcia Brady Tucker Travel Awards as a student.
- Applicants must be AOU members. Those who are not currently members are encouraged to become members.
To apply, please go to: http://ornithologyexchange.org/. You will need to provide (combined in a single file):
- A C.V. (maximum 1 page)
- An expanded abstract. This should be a maximum of 3 pages (including references, tables, and figures) using a 12 point font. The expanded abstract should state objectives, methods, major results and scientific significance.
- A short paragraph explaining the financial need for the travel award, the professional benefit of attending the AOU meeting, and what type of contribution the applicant has made or is making to the AOU (e.g., serving on committees, moderating sessions, planning events). No recommendation letter is needed.